International Conference on Ophthalmology EAST-WEST
2-3 June 2022
June 2, Thursday
Conference hall 'Naryistau'
9.00 - 10.45 SESSION 'NEW TRENDS IN THE TREATMENT OF VITREORETINAL PATHOLOGIES'
Viktor Kazaikin; Vadim Stebnev, Yaroslav Baiborodov
1. Vadim Stebnev (Samara)
Morphological, microperimetric and functional results of idiopathic macular hole surgery using 'temporal inverted ILM flap' method.
2. Elena Drozdova (Chelyabinsk)
Therapies for RVO macular edema: where to start?
3. Andrei Kleimenov, Vaktor Kazaikin (Yekaterinburg)
The study of the cellural composition of platelet-rich plasma to optimize its use in macular hole surgery.
4. Yaroslav Baiborodov (Saint Petersburg)
Autologous retinal transplant for refractory macular holes (afterhistory)
5. Denis Petrachkov (Moscow)
Surgical treatment of diabetic retinopathy: past, present and future
6. Dmitry Chernykh (Novosibirsk)
A case of severe bilateral PDR complicated by tractional retinal detachment
7. Vladimir Zaika (Irkutsk)
Surgical treatment of large subretinal neovascular membranes
8. Marat Kalanov (Ufa)
Interval extension in a treatment-resistant patient with neovascular AMD
9. Aleksei Kazennov (Orenburg)
Location of episcleral buckling in the current treatment of rhegmatogeous retinal detachment.
10:45-11:00 Technical break
11.00 – 13.00 SESSION 'NEW APPROACHES TO DIAGNOSIS AND PHARMACOTHERAPY OF GLAUCOMA'
Evgeniy Egorov, Aleksandr Kuroedov, Natalya Kurysheva
1. Evgeniy Egorov (Moscow)
Glaucoma and cataract - gerontological aspect of management
2. Aleksandr Kuroedov (Moscow)
Why is it almost impossible to stop glaucoma progression?
3. Natalya Kurysheva (Moscow)
Current practice in monitoring and treatment of glaucoma among elderly patients
4. Tatyana Malishevskaya (Moscow)
Evaluating the quality of specialized medical care for patients with glaucoma in Russia.
5. Ilmira Gazizova (Saint Petersburg)
Mitochondrial components in the pathogenesis of glaucomatous optic neuropathy.
6. Valeryi Erichev (Moscow)
Clinical feature of glaucoma in neurotropic infections
7. Tatyana Chekhova (Novosibirsk)
Glaucoma and a red eye
8. Maria Burnasheva (Saint Petersburg)
Changes in retinal hemodynamics in the presence of high ocular pressure according to optical coherence tomography angiography
13.00-14.00 Technical break
14.00-14.30 GRAND OPENING
1. Lecture by Mikhail Frolov, the prof. Odintsov Medal laureate (Moscow)
2. Lecture by Songhomitra Panda-Jonas, the Honorary professor of Ufa eye research institute
The potential role of Bruch´s membrane in the biomechanics of the axially elongating eye
14.30-16.00 SESSION OF THE TURKISH REPUBLICS OPHTHALMOLOGY SOCIETY (TROS)
'Diagnosis and treatment of ophthalmic pathologies'
Öner Gelişken, Emin Usubov
1. Nazim Zaynutdinov (Uzbekistan)
The changes in vault, IOP, ECD and correlated factors after ICL V5(VICM5) model implantation to high refractive errors
2. Şansal Gedik (Turkey)
Pseudotumor Cerebri: Clinical Features, Diagnosis and Treatment
3. Tural Galbinur (Azarbaijan)
War-related Ocular Injuries
4. Gürkan Erdoğan (Turkey)
Minimal invasive approach in vitreoretinal surgery: The benefits of 27-gauge vitrectom
5. Botagoz Issergepova (Kazakhstan)
Ophthalmic issues during the Covid-19 pandemic
6. Fatih Mutlu (Turkey)
Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) ; Laser vs Anti-VEGF?
16.10-18.00 SESSION 'MODERN APPROACHES FOR DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT OF CORNEAL DISEASES'
Aleksei Slonimskiy, Igor Kornilovskiy, Emin Usubov
1. Aleksei Slonimskiy, Yuri Slonimskiy (Moscow)
Penetrating keratoplasty and its place in modern corneal translantation
2. Igor Kornilovskiy, Andrei Gilya, R. Khatataev
A new look at corneal cross-linking and its application in ophthalmology
3. Farhad Hafezi (Switzerland)
Prevalence of Keratoconus: Update 2022
4. Aleksey Ulyanov (Yekaterinburg)
Corneal epithelian neoplasms
5. Mrs.Nikki Hafezi (Switzerland)
SBK for Detecting Irregular Corneas: Real World Experience
6. Vyacheslav Ponomarev, Viktor Kazaikin (Yekaterinburg)
Quantum dots in the therapy of drug-resistant bacterial keratitis
7. Svetlana Izmailova, A.Tsyganov.(Moscow)
Surgical case report of neurotrophic corneal ulser treatment
8. Olga Ryabenko, Olga Selina, Elena Tananaikina (Moscow)
Impact of COVID-19 on the cornea in myopic patients wearing Ortho-K lenses
9. P. Mikhailov (Saint Petersburg)
An integrated approach to the diagnosis and treatment of anterior corneal dystrophies
10. Olga Ryabenko, Olga Selina, Elena Tananaikina (Moscow)
Efficacy of visual rehabilitation of patients using scleral lenses after penetrating keratoplasty
Conference hall 'Yangan-Tau'
9.30-10.45 YOUNG OPHTHALMOLOGISTS SESSION
1. Ainur Zinatullin (Ufa)
Real-time changes in intraoperative morphological state of macular holes after ILM peeling
2. Anna Korzhavina (Moscow)
Rare ocular manifestations in COVID-19.
3. Viktoriya Potemkina (Samara)
Study on refraction dynamics in infants and young children with extremely low birth weight
4. Gamze Ukan Gunduz (Turkey)
A case with serous retinal detachment
5. Kseniya Kudoyarova (Ufa)
Treatment for diabetic macular edema
6. Ruslan Isabekov, Boris Malyugin, Svetlana Kalinnikova, Olga Antonova (Moscow)
Current trends in the diagnosis of corneal vascularization and application of anterior segment OCT angiography in clinical practice
7. Galina Gladyisheva (Novosibirsk)
Prismatic correction in patients with congenital or early aquired esotropia
8. Renat Kazakbaev (Ufa)
Epidemiological aspects of pterygium in the population of the Southern Ural
11.00-13.00 Satelite symposium sponsored by Femtomed
13.00-14.00 Technical break
14.30-16.00 SESSION 'PEDIATRIC OPHTHALMOLOGY'
1. Elena Markova (Moscow)
Outcomes of surgical treatment in pediatric keratoconus
2. Ludmila Katargina, Tatiana Kruglova, A. Mamykina, Naura Yegiyan (Moscow)
The role of partial hypermetropic correction in the development of myopia after congenital cataract extraction with IOL implantation in infancy.
3. Galina Shkolnik, Issa Oudah Hussein Al Darraji, Sergey Shkolnik (Cheboksary)
Comparative evaluation of standard probing and visually-controlled probing for congenital dacryostenosis
4. Galina Muravyeva, Aleksandr Tereschenko, Irina Trifanenkova, Aleksandra Vydrina (Kaluga)
Complex treatment of progressive myopia. Differentiated approach
5. Irina Kulikova, Kseniya Aleksandrova (Cheboksary)
Comparative evaluation of the efficacy of refractive laser correction and contact lens correction in treating accommodation disorders in children with hyperopic anisometropia and amblyopi
June 3, Friday
Conference hall 'Narystau'
9.00 –10.45 LIVE SURGERY
Andrei Grinev (Yekaterinburg), Aygul Bikbulatova (Ufa)
10.00 –10.15 Technical break
10.15 –11.30 SESSION 'OCULAR INFLAMMATORY DISEASES'
Dmitriy Maychuk, Eugeniya At'kova, Guzel Zainutdinova
1. Dmitriy Maychuk, Anastasia Tarkhanova (Moscow)
Clinical features of cytomegalovirus keratitis
2. Nadezhda Ermakova (Moscow)
Eye problems in COVID-19 patients
3. Aleksey Frolov, E. Kazantseva, Mikhail Frolov (Moscow)
Plurapathology: Helicobacter pylori and eye diseases
4. Larisa Popova, Yulia Kudryavtseva, Lubov Demakova, Katerina Obsekova (Kirov)
The potential of OCT in diffrential diagnosis of central choreoritinitis and age-related macular degeneration
5. Eugeniya At'kova, Vasiliy Yartsev, Nikolay Krakhovetskiy (Moscow)
New technologies for correcting nasolacrimal duct obstruction
11.30 -11.40 Technical break
11.40 – 13.00 SESSION 'ADVANCES AND PROSPECTS OF CATARACT SURGERY'
: Andrei Grinev, Vadim Stebnev, Elena Karlova
1. Janak Shah (India)
MSICS: A practical approach
2. Vadim Stebnev, Sergey Stebnev. (Samara)
Long-term outcomes of the implantation of a new aspheric hydrophobic acrylic monofocal IOL (Clareon) with preloaded and automated delivery system
3. Andrei Grinev (Yekaterinburg)
Cases of patient dissatisfaction with the results of aphakia correction by multifocal lens
4. Elena Karlova (Samara)
Cataract surgery in glaucoma eye: problems and benefits
5. Arseniy Kozhukhov, Oleg Unguryanov, Aleksandr Rumyantsev (Moscow)
Methods of non-standard fixation of IOLs
6. Vladimir Nikitin, Dmitry Ivanov (Yekaterinburg)
Comparison of anatomical and functional indicators after scleral and iris suture fixation of the IOL-capsular bag complex
7. Ruslan Isabekov, Boris Malyugin, Ivan Tkachenko, Aleksandr Menschikov, Svetlana Kalinnikova (Moscow)
Features of phacoemulsification and IOL calculation in patients with megalocornea, central cloudy dystrophy of Francois, lens subluxation and high myopia.
8. Dmitry Ivanov, Vladimir Nikitin (Yekaterinburg)
Capsular fibrosi after phacoemulsification
13.00 -14.00 Technical break
14.00-15.30 SESSION "SELECTED PROBLEMS OF OPHTHALMOLOGY" (Part 1)
: Jost Jonas, Emin Usubov,
1. Jost Jonas (Germany)
Myopia: epidemiology, hystology and clinic
2. Rupert Bourne (Great Britain)
The Vision Loss Expert Group and the Global Vision Database - Changing patterns of eye disease and its consequences across the World
3. Mahmoud Al-Salem (Jordan)
Combined and simultaneous oculoplastic procedures for thyroid eye disease
4. Tunde Peto (Great Britain)
Virtual clinical pathways for diabetic eye disease
5. Arun Kumar Gaali (India)
3D Operating Microscope Technology: an overview
6. Helmut Sachs (Germany)
A new emerging subretinal chip implant project for AMD on the horizon. Reasons not to target AMD in our early subretinal implant project - considerations and experiences
15.45-16.00 Technical break
16.00-17.30 SESSION "SELECTED PROBLEMS OF OPHTHALMOLOGY" (Part 2)
Emin Usubov, Wafa Turki, Amar Ailem
1. Wafa Turki (Tunisia)
Inaugural ocular tuberculosis: diagnosis and management
2. Amar Ailem (Algeria)
Inflammatory optic neuritis and functional explorations
3. Gusel Bikbova (Japan)
An integrative approach to treating dry eye syndrome
4. Preeti Shah (India)
Dream of Sight: Going on International Missions
5. Seth Wanye (Ghana)
Ghana blindness and visual impairment study
6. Shruti Nishanth (India)
Myopia Control: What works?
Conference hall "Yangan-Tau"
10.15-11.15 Satelite symposium sponsored by Allergan
12.00-13.00 Satelite symposium sponsored by Novartis "DIABETIC MACULAR EDEMA - DOUBLE VIEW"
1. Mukharram Bikbov (Ufa)
2. Farida Valeeva (Kazan)
Hand in hand: who starts treating DME?
3. Elena Karlova (Samara)
Interprofessional collaboration is the key to patient success
4. Sergei Sosnovskiy (Saint Petersburg)
Brolucizumab is a new era of DME treatment
5 Q&A session
13.00-14.00 Technical break
14.00-15.00 Satelite symposium sponsored by Bayer "BEYOND SHORT-TERM RESULTS. THE VALUE OF LONG-TERM DME THERAPY"
Evgeniy Bobykin (Yekaterinburg), Andrei Dubasov (Samara)
15.00-15.10 Technical break
15.10-16.30 YOUNG OPHTHALMOLOGISTS SESSION
1. Vakhit Nureev (Nizhny Novgorod)
Prediction of the occurence and severuty of a dry eye syndrome after laser surgery
2. Timur Khalimov (Ufa)
Intravitreal application of epidermal growth factor in treating geographic atrophy of RPE
3. Artem Vinogradov, Benta Dzhashi, Yuri Serkov, Konstantin Shchava (Volgograd)
Outcomes of combined bilateralimplantation of IOLs
4. Ildar Nuriev (Ufa)
IOL calculation for patients after keratoplasty
5. A. Arisov (Moscow)
The use of drainage tubes in posttraumatic glaucoma
6. Elina Mansurova (Ufa)
A familial case of Leber congenital amaurosis 7
7. Abida Makhdi (Samara)
Features of accomodation function in contemporary schoolchildren with progressive myopia
8. Irina Rakhmatova, A. Agletdinova (Ufa)
Improving socio-psychological adaptation of children and adolescense due to ortho-k lens wear